Today I went to the store to buy pumpkin – mass quantities of pumpkin.
When I reached the checkout with 8 cans, the cashier told me that there was a pumpkin shortage last year and that they can only sell 4 cans at a time.
I thought the shortage was over – but maybe they don’t get people running in and buying quite so much. Maybe it was the disappointment written all over my face when they said they were going to pry the cans out of my hands, but I managed to leave with the amount I wanted. (I did not clean them out of pumpkin – not even close.)
I think I’m going to be set for a while, huh? One of the reasons I so much pumpkin was to make pumpkin butter.
Pumpkin butter is not the most attractive thing, but it sure tastes good.
Here it is cooling
I had to test it to make sure it turned out, of course! I had it on bread with peanut butter.
It turned out really well.
Speaking of peanut butter, I accidentally discovered the easiest way ever to mix your natural peanut butter. Natural peanut butter separates, so that the oil comes to the top. In order to get the butter spreadable, you need to mix it really well. The process is kind of messy and annoying – getting the bottom mixed in is a little tricky. I even got a peanut butter mixer a few years ago to help, and it does work well. But I discovered an even better and faster way when I realized colder temperatures were making my peanut butter even harder to stir. I microwaved the glass peanut butter jar for a minute, and took it out and stirred it really well. I put it in the fridge and I’ve had the most well stirred and incorporated peanut butter ever. You can thank me later
- Black hole of money View Comments
- What did you have for dinner? View Comments
- All the rage View Comments
- Peaches with Blue Eyes View Comments
- A Cool and Refreshing Breakfast View Comments
- Nuts for coconuts! View Comments
- New blog! View Comments
- How I Left the Law View Comments
- Tacos in the summertime View Comments
- Not taking ourselves too seriously View Comments
- I Drank the Kool-Aid View Comments
- On Tolerance View Comments
- Elephants Squared View Comments
- Lincoln Half Marathon recap View Comments
- How to Obtain a Personal Worst View Comments
- An update View Comments